3 hours of interwar Kaunas, then the capital of Lithuania. High streets, Art Deco buildings and more. UNESCO World Heritage!
Price: Only 129 Euro! (for the whole group)
The tour is personal. There would be no additional people in the group except for you and your family/friends. The tour may begin at any convenient time.
Order at firstname.lastname@example.org
This tour will show you why Kaunas is considered among Europe’s best places to explore that unique period between the two World Wars.
Kaunas Golden Age tour includes
• Modernist Kaunas City Center redeveloped in that Golden Age and recognized as UNESCO World Heritage site.
• Massive government buildings – new Parliament, House of President, and Bank of Lithuania built to serve the entire newly-emerged country.
• Restaurants and cultural venues where Golden Age star musicians performed for the Interwar elite.
• Examples of art deco, Modernism, National style and other art styles of the era.
• Žaliakalnis Funicular, built in the early 30s to link the center to the district of interwar elite private homes.
• Christ Ressurection Basilica, envisioned in the 1930s to be the largest in the Baltics.
• And more…
• Museum of M. K. Čiurlionis, the most renowned Lithuanian artist who developed his original style encompassing painting and music on the eve of the Golden Age.
• War Museum (built in the Golden Age).
• Devil Museum – the only of the kind in the world, a collection of demon statuettes by eccentric Golden Age painter Antanas Zmuidzinavičius, the visit includes the possibility to see his own authentic apartment.
We also offer tailor-made tours: if you want to see different sights, just tell us.
What will you learn…
• How the elite and common men of the 20s and 30s era lived, worked and spent their pastime?
• How was a small town Russian fortress town transformed into a European capital in the span of under 10 years?
• How could Kaunas look like without the Golden Age?
• Why was Kaunas was always given the title “temporary capital” rather than just called a state capital?
• Why is interwar often considered to be the Golden Age of entire Lithuania?
• And more…
The tour starts at the Kaunas Sobor or, should you wish so, at any other convenient location in the Downtown Kaunas, such as your hotel.
Order this tour at email@example.com