3 hours of massive Vilnius Jewish heritage: synagogues, statues of famous Jews, stories both tragic and glorious
Price: Only 99 Euro! (for the whole group)
The tour is personal. There would be no additional people in the group except for you and your family/friends. The tour may begin at any convenient time.
Order at email@example.com
Vilnius is sometimes called “Jerusalem of the North” and is rich in Jewish locations. At one time Jews were the largest ethnic group of Vilnius. During this tour, you will see much of that history.
Vilnius Jewish tour includes
• Vilnius Jewish districts and ghettos.
• Vilnius synagogue.
• The site of Vilnius Great Synagogue.
• Locations related to Vilnius Gaon (the final commentator of Talmud).
• Authentic Yiddish inscriptions on buildings.
• Statues and plaques of famous local Jews.
• Holocaust locations in Vilnius Old Town.
• Jewish information center.
• Former Jewish theater.
• And more…
We also offer tailor-made tours: if you want to see different sights, just tell us.
What will you learn
• Learn how Jews of Vilnius contributed greatly to worldwide Jewish thought and Judaism.
• See the streets, courtyards, and alleys where a large Jewish community has thrived for centuries.
• Learn about the local Jewish community and culture, both historic and contemporary.
• Learn how some Jews managed to hide or escape from the planned murder under Nazi German occupation (1941-1944) and what resistance took place.
• Who were the famous Jews who lived in Vilnius, what languages they spoke, where they came from.
• And more…
The tour starts near the Vilnius Synagogue or, should you wish so, at any other convenient location in the Vilnius Old Town, such as your hotel.
Order this tour at firstname.lastname@example.org