3 hours of UNESCO-inscribed vast Baroque churches, opulent palaces, picturesque courtyards, university halls and historic minority districts!
Price: Only 99 Euro! (for the whole group)
The tour is personal. There would be no additional people in the group except for you and your family/friends. The tour may begin at any convenient time.
Order at email@example.com
UNESCO-inscribed Vilnius Old Town is among Eastern Europe’s largest.
It is a district of cobbled streets, countless church spires, multiethnic districts, old university, cute courtyards and more. A local guide will tell the local stories
Vilnius Old Town tour includes
• Baroque, Gothic and Rennaisance churches with their breathtaking religious art.
• Castles of Vilnius.
• Picturesque courtyards – the hidden face of old Vilnius.
• Main squares
• Vilnius University – among the Eastern Europe’s oldest places of higher education.
• Ethnic minority districts – Russians, Poles, Jews, Germans, Tatars and East Slavs coexisted in Vilnius for centuries.
Optional: Genocide sites that remind of the 20th century occupations that Vilnius spent decades under.
• And more…
*Detour by public transport to Ss. Peter and Paul church with its breathtaking Baroque interior with thousands of white figurines.
We also offer tailor-made tours: if you want to see different sights, just tell us.
What will you learn
• How Europe’s largest Medieval state (Grand Duchy of Lithuania) was governed from Vilnius.
• Why there are so many churches in Vilnius.
• Why is Vilnius so important to so many different ethnic groups.
• Why Vilnius old town is so big and why it has one of Eastern Europe’s oldest universities.
• The legend of Iron Wolf whose howl caused grand duke Gediminas to establish Vilnius city.
Optional: How and where KGB used to watch, torture and kill the people of Lithuania during the Soviet occupation.
The tour is available in English, Polish, Russian, French, Spanish, Norwegian (rarer languages with a surcharge).
The tour starts at the Cathedral square (Katedros aikštė) or, should you wish so, at any other convenient location in the Vilnius Downtown, such as your hotel.
Order this tour at firstname.lastname@example.org